3/10/2010

A Quality Interviewee



Getting a good documentary interview is much like getting a good news interview. I have been on the Fort Lewis Independent staff for over about a year now and 1 major thing that I have learned is picking the right subject for a story directly correlates with how successful that story will be. Therefore, when looking for people to interview about my documentary project I plan on using the same values I use when creating a news interview.
Only watch the first minute of the clip below.


It’s only necessary to watch the first minute of the video above to discover, that neither of the two girls in the video would make an interesting interviewee. It important to remember that if a person seems boring in an initial interview, then they are sure to be just as boring in a filmed interview. To me this video is a good example of the type of people an interviewer would not want to interview.  Furthermore, to create a quality documentary It is important to find interesting and enthusiastic people to interview. 

No comments: